This video shows an alternative way of creating interactive surfaces (such as an electronic whiteboard), using infra-red detection. This has been tried several times before, there is actually a (Chinese) interactive whiteboard product on the market that uses this principle. Typical issue is the blocking of the IR signal by the user. Also, tracking speed and accuracy are challanges. Here is a link to the Author’s blog where you can download the code.
Scobeleizer is a critical video review of the Kindle device (thanks for the link, Ianus). Some interesting comments:
- Do not position it as pure reading device, but more as a way of organizing and sharing book content.
- Enable sharing of content with friends and family
- Preload the device with interesing content such as travel books (as it will be used by people who travel a lot)
- Add notes and annotation (highlighting) functionality.
- Redesign the device, in particular get rid off the menus and reposition the ‘next page’ buttons